If you are concerned that your child will develop cavities because of an augmented chance of sugar exposure, you are likely looking for a helpful solution. Limiting sugary, acidic or starchy foods and drinks can certainly help, but it can also be stressful for you and your child. Here’s a supplementary oral health care benefit that can improve their smile without the stress: dental sealants. Dental sealants act a secondary layer over their tooth to provide extra support for their enamel. Listed below are further details on the advantages of dental sealants:
– Dental sealants can guard teeth by guaranteeing that harmful acids in the mouth cannot penetrate the tooth enamel of the surfaces of your child’s molars.
– With dental sealants, you can decrease the risk of tooth decay in your child’s mouth by as much as 80%.
– Dental sealants can be placed as soon as children’s permanent molars grow in at around the age of six.
– Sealants are advantageous for the aesthetics of your son or daughter’s teeth, as they are clear and will not change the look of your child’s smile.
– A single dental sealant can deliver long-lasting protection for years, up to a decade before they may need to be reapplied.
– Dental sealants can mean children are three times less likely to have cavities.
If you want to set up an appointment to discuss your possible dental sealant treatment with Dr. K. Cheyn Gunnerson and our team at Gunnerson Dental, you can phone 801-658-0102 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Payson, Utah.