How Gunnerson Dental Cares For Your Oral Health
In addition to cleaning your teeth and gums, Dr. Gunnerson and our team can locate, diagnose, and treat potential problems before they become serious. You will walk away from your office feeling confident that you have a healthy smile.
Why Dental Cleanings At Gunnerson Dental Are So Important!
Dental cleanings and exams are two of the most basic yet important preventive treatments we provide at our office. Each time you visit our dental practice for your preventative care visit, we will provide a professional teeth cleaning and dental exam to help your smile stay healthy. During your teeth cleaning and exam, our dental team will:
- Check the health of your gums, which can lead to tooth decay, gingivitis and periodontal disease,
- Your hygienist will perform an oral cancer screening which includes carefully examining your mouth and the areas on the sides of your face and around your ears and jaw. She will also feel for enlarged lymph nodes (lumps under the skin) in your neck, since these could be signs of cancer spread,
- Take digital images to see what’s happening below the surface. (Note: Most insurance companies require these images, even if they do not contribute towards them.)
- Examine your smile for signs of any damaging dental conditions or diseases for the dentist to look at,
- Clean your teeth by removing any plaque or tartar (also called dental calculus), which can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease,
- Floss and polish your teeth for a healthy, bright smile,
- Examine your smile for signs of any damaging dental conditions or diseases,
- Dr. Gunnerson will then come in and give recommendations based on your concerns, wants/possibilities, and what was seen in the images and during the exam,
Dr. Gunnerson’s Expertise Means Your Visit Is Speedy And Effective
We utilize digital dental X-rays to further evaluate your smile and make certain that you receive the dental care you need. Regular dental cleanings and exams are essential in maintaining good oral health, preventing cavities and gum disease, and making sure that any damaging conditions are treated as early as possible.
Dr. Gunnerson recommends that you visit us every six months for a routine dental cleaning and exam. We may suggest more frequent visits if needed, and we also encourage you to contact us if you suffer from a dental emergency, pain, or injury. To schedule your next dental exam and teeth cleaning in Payson, Utah, with our dentist, please contact us at 801-658-0102.