Did you know that dentures are the oldest form of tooth replacements in dentistry? The fact that they are still around proves that they have an excellent track record. And these days, dentures have many new improvements and benefits that didn’t used to exist. For more information about dentures, consider the following:
– Dentures used to be made out of wood, gold, other metals, rubber, or whatever could do the job that people could afford. These days they are typically made out of acrylic resin to resemble the look of natural teeth and are lined with an artificial gumline designed to match the color of your gums.
– Dentures are easy to clean because they are easy to remove, which allows for stress-free soaking every night.
– Partial dentures can replace anywhere from a single tooth to multiple teeth in a row on one arch. Complete dentures replace an entire arch of teeth, whether on the bottom, top, or both arches.
– Dentures can be easily removed and improved or replaced as needed.
– Dentures replace your missing teeth, enabling you to flash a beautiful smile at your friends, family and strangers along the street, brightening the world around you.
– Dentures can mend speaking, chewing, and eating skills that have gone astray or been impaired due to tooth loss.
– Dentures can restore the fullness of your face, helping you look younger.
– Partial dentures can fill in gaps and spaces left behind by missing teeth, which may otherwise cause nearby teeth to slide out of alignment, increasing your risk of other dental issues.
With dentures, your smile will not only look better, but it will feel better too. If you would like to meet with Dr. K. Cheyn Gunnerson and our team at Gunnerson Dental for a consultation, please call 801-658-0102 to book an appointment at our dentist office in Payson, Utah.