In a recent article by the ADA, “Hermey the elf was designated as a DDG ( Dental Do Gooder ) by the ADA president, Dr Maxine Feinberg, for promoting good health to his friend Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer and everyone in the North Pole.
Here is Hermey’s healthy teeth checklist, to help your kids have healthy teeth like Rudolf as posted by the ADA: ( click HERE for a printer friendly version from the ADA ).
– Brush your teeth 2 times a day for 2 minutes. Even the boss Elf Brushes his teeth for two minutes, two times a day!
– Eat Healthy Snacks like fruits and vegetables. It’s not good for your teeth when you eat sticky candy or sugary cookies.
– Avoid drinking sodas, juice and sports drinks with a lot of sugar. Rudolf and Santa’s Sleigh Team always drink lots of water with fluoride in it. That’s why they have such strong, healthy teeth.
– Protect your teeth by wearing a mouth guard whenever you play any sports. Rudolf and the reindeer never play games without wearing their mouthguard!
– Visit your dentist. Just like Hermey, your dentist wants to help you take care of your teeth. Going to the dentist and getting your teeth cleaned is very important. Why? Because yucky plaque can stick to your teeth and make a hole in your tooth. This is called a cavity. Hermy doesn’t want your to have a cavity because it can make your tooth hurt.
Remember it’s never too late to be nice to your teeth. A healthy mouth is good for your whole body. Now that’s the kind of joy that makes Santa Ho-Ho-Ho!”
Here are some fun Hermey the Elf coloring pages, from the ADA: click HERE!
Give the gift of a smile this holiday season! Gift Certificates now available! Stop by Gunnerson Dental, in Payson, Utah Monday-Thursday to show your loved ones how much you love to see them smile!