Payson, Utah area patients who are curious about achieving and maintaining oral health and wellness need to work with a dentist who can educate them on the steps necessary to get the smile they’ve always wanted! At Gunnerson Dental, patients in the community can learn about good oral health habits that can ensure a lifetime of beautiful, healthy smiles!
How can I keep my smile healthy?
Dr. Cheyn Gunnerson of Gunnerson Dental works directly with patients to help them keep their smiles healthy and reduce their risk of developing issues such as periodontal disease and tooth decay. Below are just a few recommendations to consider for maintaining oral health:
- Brush the teeth twice a day for two minutes each time, and after any meals if possible. This helps in removing plaque and reducing the risk of cavities and disease.
- Floss your teeth every day. Patients should floss after every meal, or at least once a day, to remove food particles that can become trapped between the teeth.
- Use a mouthwash that kills bacteria and plaque. These are easy to find over-the-counter or can be prescribed to a patient based on their unique oral health needs.
- Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. This ensures not only a healthy smile but a healthy body as well!
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks. These can increase a patient’s risk of developing cavities.
- See your dentist for regular checkups. These routine visits include an examination and thorough dental cleaning to remove plaque and tartar from the teeth.
- Call the dentist when problems arise. Don’t wait for an issue to become more painful or damaging, and instead, be proactive about seeing the dentist when issues develop.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Cheyn Gunnerson to learn more about proper oral health habits
Are you seeking ways to improve or maintain your oral health and wellness? Are you looking to work with a trusted dental team to keep the smile looking its best? If you are interested in learning more about good dental hygiene habits and living in the community of Payson, UT, you can call (801) 658-0175 to request an appointment with Dr. Cheyn Gunnerson and his team. The office is located at 33 W 300 S and is open to new patients and families.
Share this Article