Dr. Gunnerson Provides A Wide Range Of Dental Services
Dr. Gunnerson Is A Comprehensive Dentist With Advanced Training
While we provide comprehensive treatment options, we may refer you to a dental specialist on occasion for more specialized care. Within dentistry, there are several specialties. A specialty is an area of dentistry that has been formally recognized by the American Dental Association and requires additional education and training. While Dr. Gunnerson and team will do all we can to care for your smile, we may need to refer you to a dental specialist if your case is especially complex to ensure that you achieve optimal results. Based on your needs, we may refer you to:
- An endodontist, or a dentist who specializes in the study and treatment of the dental pulp. The dental pulp is the innermost layer of the tooth that includes the tooth’s living tissues.
- A periodontist, who focuses on the study and treatment of the periodontal tissues, or the tissues that surround and support the teeth.
- An orthodontist, who diagnoses, prevents, and corrects abnormalities in how the teeth fit together.
- An oral and maxillofacial surgeon, who specializes in surgical treatments to address diseases, injuries, and defects.
- A prosthodontist, or a dentist who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the oral function, health, appearance, and comfort of patients with conditions associated with missing or deficient teeth and/or oral tissues.
- A pediatric dentist, who focuses on comprehensive oral healthcare for infants and children through adolescence.
If you would like to learn more about dental specialties in Payson, Utah, and the experienced specialists we work with at Gunnerson Dental, please feel free to give us a call at 801-658-0102 today.