Ceramic Dental Crowns In Payson Utah
What Are Dental Crowns Made From?
Gunnerson Dental provide dental crowns in Payson, UT and the surrounding areas. Crowns are made from different types of material. Early in dentistry, they were made from metals and stainless steel. Here at Gunnerson Dental, we use ceramic crowns. The reason that we recommend ceramic is because of their strength and also cosmetic appeal. Ceramic provides a better color match than other materials. They are also better for those who have metal allergies.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Crowns last between five to fifteen years, depending on your oral health habits and the amount of wear and tear they receive. After Dr. Gunnerson places your dental crown, you’ll want to stay away from chewing ice and other hard materials, grinding your teeth, biting your fingernails, and opening packages with your teeth. This will help your crown last as long as possible.
How Gunnerson Dental Saves Cracked And Broken Teeth
One of the most common procedures here at Gunnerson Dental is placing a crown. Dr. Gunnerson will place crowns to help out with many different dental health problems. Some of those include:
- Covering a dental implant.
- For a cosmetic modification.
- Protecting a broken tooth or one that has been severely worn down.
- Covering misshapen or severely discolored teeth.
- Protecting a weak tooth from decay or holding parts of a cracked tooth together.
- Restoring an already broken tooth from further damage.
- Holding a dental bridge in place.
To schedule a consultation regarding a dental crown, give us a call at 801-658-0102 or email us.
We look forward to hearing from you!