Wishing your teeth were a bit whiter? Why don’t you try professional teeth whitening from Gunnerson Dental in Payson, Utah? Unlike cheap, ineffective off-the-shelf whitening products, Drs. Cheyn Gunnerson and Jake Bradford use medical-grade whitening methods to blast away years of tooth discoloration.
Before the teeth whitening process…
We don’t just jump straight into bleaching your teeth. After knowing you as a person, we’ll have a brief discussion about your medical history, previous teeth whitening attempts, and desired outcome. This initial consultation helps us determine if you’re an ideal candidate for teeth whitening.
The next step is to examine your dental health to ensure your smile is free from cavities, gum disease, and extreme tooth sensitivity. If we find dental issues, these must be addressed before teeth whitening. Additionally, if it’s been a while since your teeth were professionally cleaned, we recommend a dental cleaning to remove unsightly plaque and tartar.
Teeth whitening at Gunnerson Dental
If you have a clean bill of dental health, your in-office teeth whitening involves the steps below:
- Preparing for treatment: Prior to the whitening procedure, we will take a “before” shade of your teeth using a shade guide. This shade will serve as a reference point to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment. Next, we will use a dental dam to isolate your teeth from saliva contamination and prevent the whitening gel from leaking into your gums and cheeks
- Applying the whitening gel: We will apply a professional-strength whitening gel to all surfaces of your teeth. The gel usually contains hydrogen peroxide — an active ingredient for teeth bleaching
- Activating the bleaching agent: We use a special light to activate the whitening gel. This light accelerates the whitening process by breaking down the peroxide molecules and releasing oxygen, which penetrates the tooth enamel to break tooth stains
- Reapplication: After activating the whitening gel, we wait 15-20 minutes. Depending on your desired shade, we can repeat the teeth application process three to four times. A typical in-office teeth whitening delivers stunning results in just over an hour
- Post-treatment instructions: Before you leave, our dental team will give you instructions to maximize the longevity of your teeth whitening results. Generally, you should practice diligent oral hygiene, quit smoking, adhere to semiannual dental cleanings, and avoid stain-causing foods to keep your smile whiter
We also provide you with take-home whitening trays to touch up your results. Our whitening trays are custom-made after taking your smile impressions, providing a superior fit when whitening your teeth. These trays should be worn for about an hour daily to deliver the intended results.
Professional teeth whitening services near me
Ready to grow the glow of your smile in Payson, UT? Please call (801) 658-0175 to schedule a smile assessment with Gunnerson Dental.
Share this Article